Wednesday, November 18, 2015

EPA jobs

Yesterday I met with Anahita Williamson, the new Division Director at the EPA's office in Edison, NJ.  She told me that EPA is now hiring.  For a long time, EPA did not hire anyone due to the recession and the budget cuts.  However, the US fiscal picture is looking better, and the many baby boomers who joined the EPA when it was created in the 1970s are now retiring, leaving many job openings.  All EPA jobs must be applied for via the usajobs.gov portal.  When I searched there today, I found an opening for a chemist, but Environmental Science majors should be eligible for this position, especially if you did an internship that involved environmental sampling. 

Keep checking the usajobs.gov portal, because I am told that several positions will be opening up in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment